[bksvol-discuss] Re: Caldecott Medal Winners

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:58:11 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, Allison, for your input and explanations.
I'm glad to know the stories are worthwhile even
without the illustrations. I'm sure that when my
children were young they enjoyed the Caldecott books
for the stories as well as the pictures. I can't
remember which books they were at this point, though.

I was thinking of how much time it takes to describe
illustrations in picture books, which is why I
wondered if it was worthwhile. But your points about
blind children being able to share the stories with
sighted children and have the universal experience is
a very valid one. I'm sure that what the children
remember years later are the stories and not the
illustrations.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com