[bksvol-discuss] Caldecott Medal Winners

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:24:31 -0800 (PST)

The Caldecott Medal is awarded " the artist who had
created the most distinguished picture book of the
year."  In some cases, I discovered as I did some
research to be sure I was correct, a book is nominated
for both the Caldecott and the Newbery, and then the
committees decide inder whch category to place it.

Since it is the illustrations and not the story for
which the book wins the award, and illustrations can
only be described and not, as far as I know, actually
included in books in the bookshare collection, is it
really worthwhile to make a special effort to have
them in the collection?

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250