[bksvol-discuss] Re: CYPRESS POINT

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:56:26 -0500

Well, part of it was being unfamiliar with Windows XP and my laptop, and
part of it was learning how to change soome settings in Jaws.  On this
computer I have never been able to see my path on the upload page, and he
explained how to do that.  But the rest of you who posted seemed not to have
any troouble finding paths or uploading books after validation.  I can't
think of anything that would benefit people who have no problems uploading.

I did learn that sometimes you have to press the spacebar twice to open up
the browse button where you choose the path.

Maybe Pratik could answer better than I as to whether there would be a
condensed version of tips that would be helpful to others who have laptops.
My prep instructions even included how to create a new folder, which most
people already know but which, believe it or not, I did not know.  I also
did not know how to get a file inside the newly created folder.  See what I
mean?  <smile>  So I had a lot of prep work to do before I even tried to
upload it again.

Sorry to sound so vague, but Pratik reads the list now and he has been
giving others help on this list.  He is so brilliant, really he is.

Sue S.