[bksvol-discuss] Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:40:45 -0400

Robert if you are merely validating California Gold and did not in fact re-scan it, I owe you an apology.

My comments supposed you scanned it. My concern is that folks are re-scanning books when the copy already on bookshare has an accuracy rate over 99.5 percent and that five percent is perhaps made up of title garble left over by the stripper or compound words k1000 does not recognize such as "grasslands" or "horseless." We need new books and we need to give credits to people who scan books and need to make decisions which will do the best job of using the limited resources available to bookshare. I personally disagree with giving scanning credits to someone who re-scans a book replacing a already existing book with a rating over 99.5. To me it is a poor use of a scanner's time, a validator's time and bookshare resources. I know there are circumstances where this may not hold true but this is my feeling for general cases.

E.

At 03:16 PM 9/23/2005, you wrote:

Not bad, I didn't scan it, just grab it from the step 1 page but this copy has all the headers removed where as the one on bookshare, well let's just say the stripper again.
For skype contact bobwichitaks