[bksvol-discuss] Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Cindy,

Yes, there is an option to bypass the validation process, but only those people
with admin privilege can use it.  Email the book to Gustavo, as you said, and
he can replace the copy easily.

Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it possible, in a case like California Gold, to
bypass the validation process? Send the fixed book,
i.e., with the duplicate pages deleted, directly to
Gustavo so he can simply replace the imperfect copy
with the perfected copy?

Or one could ask that the book be put on the download
list and the person who wants to fix it validates it,
fixing it, and approves and uploads it. I've fixed
some Fair books from the collection that way. Marissa
put them on the download list for me; before that, a
couple of times one who shall be nameless sent a book
to me to fix and I sent it directly back to that
person.

Cindy

--- Mike Pietruk
wrote:

> And, not only Elizabeth's excellent point, but what
> is the likelihood that
> those page numbers will remain after the stripper
> gets through doing its
> thing.
> Unless a book were an important reference work, or
> something similar,
> resdcanning already top quality work is hardly a
> best use of time and
> resources for submitters, validators, say nothing of
> Bookshare
> administrative resources.

> line. To get a list of available commands, put the

Yahoo! for Good