[bksvol-discuss] Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:48:21 -0400

Problem is if we start accepting rescans of stuff already in excellent shape in the collection, and I mean 99.5 and above excellent not just saying it is so, we are going to bottleneck outselves again and it is going to cost bookshare financially using money which could be used to add books to the collection.

I therefore propose that a scan which replaces one which has such a great rating might be handled somewhat differently in terms of credits than would a whole new book. I know this comment is likely to start controversy. All my comments ultimately are about getting more books into the collection using bookshare's limited financial resources and making best use of those of us who volunteer.