[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braillenote died

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:12:13 -0500

I learned to type on a typewriter, course this was 1985 and I was in
kindergarten.

I will say one thing, to stick up for the "younger generation" who "has it
so much easier",. the work load in most university programs has increased
dramatically because of the advancement of technology.  Mos people I talk to
who went to school in the seventies and early eighties, would talk of one or
two extensive research papers.  In one university program at Kutztown, you
have an extensive research paper in EVERY single class.

The beauty of technology I guess.

Also textbooks were "useful" for more than one year.

Smile.

But I reckon it is like comparing Apples to Oranges, smile.

I still employed readers, scribes, a paper grader, and still spent most of
my waking free time engaged in adapting materials so I could participate on
a par with my classmates.  So perhaps things don't really change.

But I do misss my Braillenote dearly.  Is going to be tough, but I know he
will be in good hands.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx