[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braillenote Freezing

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:32:54 -0400

O.k. Reggie, I use a Qwerty keyboard so these might have different commands.

For translating between file types, it is under the File Manager menu.

Under there is a Translation menu, and the second choice in that list is

Export Document.

I edit my file.  Save it.

Go to File Manager, translation menu, export document.

First thing it is from which  folder, drive, file ect.  Then which device.
I pick file for this.  Type F.  Then, it asks for which file type.  For a QT
user you hit Control plus space until you get what you want .rtf or rich
text file.  Then, hit enter.  Then pick destination, drive, folder, and file
name and let it do its thing.

As for the page number thing.  I have never mastered this one, and edit my
books with a fine toothed comb because frankly I don't know how to do the
short cuts, smile.  Am not a perfectionist by nature.  smile, quite happy to
cut corners, smile, but...  The only way I can is to arrow down till I hear
new page.  Think it might be denoted by the Ed sign and the P on the
display.

H.T.H.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe