[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille help needed

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Maples <wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:16:47 -0400

It's certainly like no other book I've ever seen. I have less than 200 pages
to go to finish scanning it, but it's more complicated than I thought it
would be. Each page is typed on lined notepaper so it's causing some
problems with underscores and hyphens between words.

I'm really thinking a sighted proofreader with a copy of the book is needed
here. I am pretty sure I will finish scanning it tonight.

I know it's not Valerie's cup of tea. I'm wondering maybe if Doug or Marilyn
is interested. Lissi may be able to handle it too with the help of Evan's
optacon or a good magnifying glass.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Sisterhood of Dropped Stitches by Janet Tronstad