[bksvol-discuss] Braille help needed

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 00:24:55 -0400

I'm starting to scan a book that has a packet of items in the pouch in the
beginning of the book. One of the items is a small card with braille on it.
I think I can do it ok if it isn't too complicated (I don't know much grade
2 braille and I can only sight read braille so it's kind of slow going for
me).

Is the dot 6 that means the first letter of the next word is capitalized,
can that also be an apostrophe? So far I have
dot 6 dots 2,4 space dot 1,4 dot 1 dots 1,3,4,5 dot 6 dot 2,3,4,5 which I
thought would be I can T but that doesn't make sense. It makes more sense if
it is I can't

right?

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Sisterhood of Dropped Stitches by Janet Tronstad