[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille Note transfer help

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 20:53:45 -0700

Lissy, On my compactflash card I have several folders with names such as
fiction, historical fiction, biography, etc. etc. When I put the card in the
reader/writer, I go to the web braille or Bookshare web site, find the book
I want, then assuming it is a fiction book after saying I want to save the
book to disc, I enter e:\fiction\book name.bks. The E: is the name of my
removable disk drive; yours could be different depending on whether or not
you also have a D drive. I then remove the card, put it in my braillenote,
look it up under the folder fiction on my flash card drive and I will be
asked whether and where I want Bookshare to unpack it. You could unpack it
on your computer; I just find it easier to do it on my BrailleNote. I hope
this helps and not just makes you more confused. Now I am going to practice
what I preached and download St. Maybe.