[bksvol-discuss] Braille Display working, hurrah!

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:18:10 -0700

Hi, I found out why my BrailleNote wasn't being recognized. I gather it
was something to do with the system on the computer. Some guy at Freedom
Scientific walked me through the process. It involved entering the
control panel, thence to the system menu, opening the user part, then
going to the hardware tab. There was some tabbing around to make sure
the BraillNote's settings were okay, but the first thing was to inform
the computer that the BrailleNote was a hardware device. (It appears the
setting was at "none" and I had to set the combo box at "one" or
something of that nature. I am afraid I can't recall precisely the whole
process but essentially that's what happened. Now my Braille display is
seen and I can clean up what I missed the last time I proofread.
Regards, Kim Friedman.