[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:27:15 -0700

I can definitely read books to all of you, just so I know what you guys are interested in hearing, Chela ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:34 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille

Hi, Valerie, I disagree with your thought that you were not articulate. I
think you are very passionate and articulate on the subject of literacy.
Thanks much for what you had to say, particularly your experiences with
children receiving books. I also would say that nobody grows away from
loving to hear stories well told or being read to. Sure I can read books
myself and I like doing so, but at one time, say about the time of the
nineteenth century, people had to find entertainment where they could, and
since there was no radio or TV, and if you couldn't afford to go to the
theater, people would read books aloud. I know a guy who invites people to
come to his house, and everybody takes turns reading a book aloud. I was so
impressed about this. He wanted to read what he considered classic
literature. I like the idea of a reading party. I wonder what fellow
Booksharians might think of the idea of meeting each other and reading a
book together. O, well, just a thought. Our tastes in reading are probably
quite disparate. Regards, Kim.