[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare's Purpose in Your Eyes

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:06:37 -0500

Hi Tony,
Yes, I'm aware of the K1000's ability to recognize images, with varying degrees
of success, naturally, depending on image quality, page layout etc. Paying for
images and then praying I could get decent text out of
them is hardly equal to paying for images and looking at them and reading them,
however.
Regarding the old time radio books, you've just provided great arguments for
why that author you spoke of should donate his  work to Bookshare. <smile>
And as for K1000 crashing, have you contacted tech support and tried working
through the problem? Its certainly not normal behavior for K1000 to crash, so
that you couldn't get all the way through a book.
Mary