[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare & PQ submission

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:32:40 -0400

We had to know, going in, that this
would not only happen, but, given the sheer amount of printed material to
which we stand to gain access, be highly preferable.  We are at 5 percent if
we're lucky of newly produced books and that counts Every form of books to
which we have access--RFBD, NLS, BookShare, all other audio sources, ebooks.
Some
of us won't see it happen, but many will. The thing to watch will be how
much, if any, of the back lists will be converted.  We may have much to do
for a while with those books.