[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare Chat Session

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 03:57:10 -0400

The goal is to drum up some work.

I am good at editing. Here follows a shameless advertisement.
wordsmithing web page content

my one line motto

Write what you mean to say.

description of what I do and what you do

You are the writer. I am the editor. I keep your language, your style, your words.

What I do is

spell check
make sentences work better by removing filler words such as

and
for instance
of course
for example
and so on

Your sentences will be shorter. Your style remains. I improve the flow, making your information more readable.
I may rearrange the sentences in the process.  All wording stays.

You are the writer. I am the editor.

Work Editing for Folks Whose First Language is Not English

I grew up in a family where English was not everyone's first language. I know you sometimes want to say something, know exactly what you want to say, want someone to help you say it well. I will work with you. You can explain what you want to say and I will work with you to find the English which expresses your thinking best.

(make fee schedule the same 500 words for $100 for first 500. Negotiable after that depending on content and work involved.) I know I have that fee set the same as for above "simple editing". It is my way of assisting non-English speakers.

Formats:
kes, doc, rtf, brf,

fee schedule

500 words $100