[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare And Portable Computing Devices

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:04:05 -0400

Thanks for the ideas, Elizabeth and Jake. My laptop is a used one, a Pentium III. It does have USB support, so I will look into getting a card reader. It's got a couple of ports I don't recognize as well as a wireless network card that my daughter bought as an add on. I'm running Windows 2000 Pro, and I found out that it can do network file sharing with my desktop PC running XP. It's nice to know that I have options, and I'm going to spend some time getting familiar with how my equipment works.

At Friday 7/14/2006 10:38 AM, you wrote:
I like card readers for transferring files easily. I have one built right into my computer.