[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookshare And Portable Computing Devices

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:38:58 -0400

I like card readers for transferring files easily. I have one built right into my computer. There are also inexpensive $15 card readers which hook right into USB ports. I keep the latest version I am editing of a book on the card. Then I can put the card into whatever computer or braillenote I am on. Alternatively, you can ger what is called a data key. They are about the size of a disposable cigarette lighter and can hold a lot of data. Again, they plug right int a USB port. All computer now have USB ports so these storeage methods work wonderfully. Congratulation on your cool birthday present.

E.
At 10:20 AM 7/14/2006, you wrote:

I have been given a laptop for my birthday. It was a complete surprise! For those of you who validate using 2 computers, how do you manage your files so that the most current is always available for you to work on? I guess I'm asking you how you keep your work organized so that you don't waste time trying to figure out which version of which file you have and where the file is located. Now that I have a laptop, I can actually work on validation during the day, when I'm waiting at the doctor's office, or even outside on my porch swing. I've never had freedom like this. I like that a lot. (grin) My desktop computer is in my bedroom, and I was limited by needing to work in there. Now I have a lot more flexibility, and yet I need to find a good way to keep my work organized. I know myself well enough to know that the potential for chaos is just around the corner if I don't stay on the ball. Thanks for any help you all can offer.