[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books with pictures in them

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:48:57 -0700

If, when you are reading the book you don't at all feel that there is anything you are missing that might be in the pictures, then just delete them, you can consider them just decorations. They may not even be pictures. Sometimes my ocr program leaves gray boxes where a page has less than a full page of text.

In any case, for proofing, you can certainly make a copy, delete the pictures in that, and proof that on your braille note.

Someone must have been really patient to upload a 300 MB file to bookshare!

Misha

On 3/30/2013 12:11 PM, Lisa Cushman wrote:
There are no captions.  There are just 41 objects in the text, that are
pictures that make the book take 300 megs.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

#
You can remove the pictures and if you can't describe them then you just can't
describe them, but if they have captions you really should include the captions.
On 3/30/2013 1:43 PM, Lisa Cushman wrote:
I don't really have anyone to describe the pictures, who would get triggered by
the content.  Charisma, if you are reading, this is your book.  Do you want
someone else to proof the book who can describe the pictures?

Thanks
Lisa

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2013, at 10:33 AM, misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can take the pictures out. However, if you have access to someone that can
describe the pictures, that could be a useful addition to the book.

Misha

On 3/30/2013 10:31 AM, Lisa Cushman wrote:
Hi guys,

I am proofing a book with 40 pictures in it.  It makes the book take over 300
megs.  Can I take all the pictures out?  If not, I cannot proof it on my
braille note.

Thanks
Lisa

Sent from my iPhone To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to