[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books with pics?

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:10:51 -0500

Unfortunately, Allison, my advice, based on my experience with picture books,
is to forget trying to
scan it and just type in the words. You could scan pages if there are whole
pages of text, but I found
it was easier, when there was a line of text under or above or on the side of a
picture, to describe the
picture in brackets, (if you have a sighted person to help with this and you
both have the patience)
and type the text. Or just say, in brackets, illustratio, and type the text.

I don't think bookshare has the capability to retain illustrations.

Cindy