[bksvol-discuss] Books with pics?

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:06:38 -0400

Hey all, could use some tips on this one.

Am trying to scan a book which is more picture than text.  The pictures are
said to be elaborate and beautiful, but I think the book should be up there cuz
at the very least it is a good story.  Nevertheless, I'm having a really hard
time getting the book to scan well.  Often a page will have a picture, then
some text in the middle, another picture, and then some more text at the bottom
of the page.  I've tried the basic Kurzweil tricks that I know, Moving the book
different ways on the scanner, Optimizing scans per each page, etc.  I'm out of
ideas though guys.  Anyone scan books like this?  I've not done it before now
and could use some advice.

Thanks a lot!

Allison

"It takes a lot of time to be a genius, you have to sit around so much doing
nothing, really doing nothing."
(Gertrude Stein, writer, everybody's autobiography)