[bksvol-discuss] Books on TV on CSPAN2

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:56:05 -0400

Yesterday on Books on TV there was a Woman talking about her biography of The
Most Famous Man in America: The Biography of Henry Ward Beecher.  He was the
older brother of Harriet Beecher Stowe and a minister in a family of minister
but this one began, or so it seems, the pattern of the modern philandering
minister.  The book sounds fascinating as does the story of how the author came
to write the book.  It started out as a short paper for school. Somewhere in my
room, near this bed, is a small tablet with the last name of the author whose
first name  is Debby. If I find it I'll pass it along but it should be an easy
book to find.  I would love to work on it by my list of "to do" books is larger
than my abilities as it is so I dare not find it but if you are in the mood for
a fascinating and true biography this one sounds like a doozy.

Amy
omst

JPEG image