[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books of quality good

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:48:11 -0700

When a scanner submits a book, it is automatically rated based on how many words not in bookshare's dictionary are in the text. For most books if there are a lot of such words they are probably scanning mistakes. But for a book with a lot of names of people, places and foreign (or made up words as in fantasy or science fiction stories), this may not be true. The submitter can change this rating if the book is known to have lots of odd but correctly spelled words. But not everyone knows that.

If a book looks interesting, go ahead and check it out. If for any reason (other than the ones for which you should reject the book) you just don't want to do it after all, just release it. That's one of the great parts of volunteering. It's not like school or work, no one will force you to do something you don't want to.

Misha

On 4/25/2013 4:29 PM, Lisa Cushman wrote:
Hi Friends,

I was wondering how hard a book is to proof when it is good rather than
excellent quality.  Would a book like this be too hard to proof as a blind
person, without access to the print book?  I am kind of interested in one of
the books on the check out list, but it is only good quality.

Thanks
Lisa

Sent from my iPhone To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to