[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books in other languages

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:13:05 -0800 (PST)

To answer why it's in a big demand now for jobs is probably because China has
become such a big player in the world of commerce. Your knowledge of the
language will make it easy for you to find a jobn both in the business,
import/export world, and probably in the diplomatic service or some other
branch of government that has to do  with China.
If you're at all interested in the country itself, especially in the days of
communist control, and the life of the peasantry, I think you'd enjoy readdin
Mao's Last Dancer. There's another book in the collection about peasant life in
early China (before Communism) but I can't remember the name of it.
 Cindy