[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books With Severe Problems

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:53:08 -0800

Hi Erin,

If you think that the book needs to be rescanned, you can go to your step 2 page and there you will have rejecting the book as an option. That will mean that it will not go back to the step 1 page as it would if you just released it. It's not your fault if there is missing text. And I hope that no submitter would take offense to needing the book rescanned. I have had to do that myself, resubmit. And I even had to do that because there were missing pages. I had then and have no idea now how I missed pages, but it happens. It has just made me more careful. Some scans just come out badly and we learn from our mistakes to be more attentive. That's just my opinion, but getting offended seems pointless when it is a fixable error that is causing a problem. Okay, no more soap box.

Peace,

Mayrie

 At 07:26 PM 11/11/2006, you wrote:
Hi, all,

I have just downloaded another book from the volunteer Download page for validation. Specifically, it is Ransom For Our Sins by Fred W. Hunter. Even though it said that the book had almost no errors, I have only gotten through about four pages and discovered that (1) two pages are missing from the beginning and (2) the words on another page are in an amost-incomprehensible order. In other words, this book needs to be re-scanned, and I do not have a copy of my own. What should I do with it? (Forgive the elementary question, but I'm new at this.) Also, I mean no offense to the submitter.

Thanks,
Erin