[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books Not In RTF

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:09:29 -0500

I haven't heard anything about not accepting Ark and Kes format books, although my personal opinion is that it would be a good idea to only take RTF submissions. So far it is only on final submission by the validator where the file needs to be in RTF. If RTF files were required from the start of the process, Bookshare could then run them through their quality rating program and immediately reject those that weren't rated at least good.

Dave

At 01:00 PM 1/29/2008, you wrote:
Hi,
Since we only want RTF books, are we going to either validate the books not
in RTF or clean them out in some way? Will we rescan books in other
formats? If anyone has books submitted in other formats, can they save as
RTF and resubmit?

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano