[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books I'm scanning -- from Fiction wishlist

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:36:16 -0500

I still don't know why the wishes and being scanned lists aren't automated
just like the books ready for check out and books being proofread lists
are. It would be so much easier for everyone. NO lists to maintain and
upkeep and upload to wherever they upload them nowadays. Wishes would be
instantly posted and visible. Books being scanned instantly visible. I've
suggested this many times over the past, I don't know, five years. A person
just goes and puts in the book they wish for. A scanner "checks out" the
wish, checks it back in when it's scanned, a proofreader checks out the
scan to proofread, checks it back in when it's proofread. What could be
easier? Plus then the whole Bookshare community knows what's wished for and
what's being scanned and proofed, not just the volunteer list.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: a very good book called The Distant Hours by Kate Morton