[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:13:54 EDT

No, you can't search Bookshare for publisher. I was trying to point out
that that shortcoming of Bookshare can be circumvented by using Google and it
is not hard to do. Just go to Google.com. There is a field there to type in
your search terms to search the entire web. Ignore that. Instead, look for a
link on that page labeled advanced search. Click that and you will be taken
to a form with various fields on it that can be filled in various ways to
refine your search. In your case, fill in the word Harlequin or Harlequin
Books or however it is usually worded on Bookshare in the main field. Then move
down the form until you come to the field labeled web site or domain and
fill in the term Bookshare.org. Then just click the advanced search button and
the results returned should be all from the Bookshare site. It is likely to
not contain the most recent additions because it will have been updated only
the last time Google's spider crawled through Bookshare, but it is a good
substitute for a function that Bookshare lacks.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books By Publisher
Date:
6/18/2009 5:48:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
wyomiia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I didn't know I could search Bookshare by Publisher as I love Harlequin
Books ; can someone tell me how to do this?  It would be so great!  I'm not a
computer
person and have no idea how to do an advance Google search and confine the
search to Bookshare.org.  Thanks so much for any help you can give.

block quote