[bksvol-discuss] Re: BookShare reaches 24,000 Books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:41:39 -0700 (PDT)

-
First, after logging in (in case the book is adult
rated), put the title or author in Advanced Search to
see if it's already in the collection. Second, if Rui
has posted Marissa's list, check Marissa's list to see
if the book is being validated by someone else of is
in the Administrator-approval queue.  Rui has also
included the download page one, but books get taken
off that so frequently that I'd say step number three
would be to check the page one  directly yourself.
I've found that if you can do a "find" with the title
or author you can find out quickly if the book is
there. Finally, if the book hasn't shown up on any of
those lists, ask here on the list if anyone is working
on it.

That's about all you can do. If you're lucky and you
haven't found the book anywhere you can feel somewhat
safe that you're not duplicating what someone else is
doing. Unfortunately, there are people who don't
subscribe to this list, and therefore it's possible
that someone else is scanning what you're planning to
do. However, maybe you'll finish and submit first
(grin).

Cindy