[bksvol-discuss] Re: BookShare book club?

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:16:42 -0800

Hi. I would like to clarify my statement on starting another mailing list. If someone else is interested in moderating it, I will be happy to start it and put them in charge. I agree that I personally have no interest in a traditional book club where a bunch of people are reading the same thing at the same time. That's why we still have libraries. However, if I get enough requests or there is demand for it, I can start the list soon. Really, my main reason for offering is that I don't like freelists and it has several annoyances. I know that I am not the only one who is frustrated by this.

At 01:01 AM 2/23/2005 -0800, you wrote:

However, as far as I know, in the traditional sense of
a book club being a place where members read the same
book at the same time and then discuss it, I don't
think there is one.  It sounds as if Tony would be
interested in starting one and monitoring it. You both
might ask in both lists how many people would be
interested and start one of your own, or ask Marissa
if bookshare could start one if you find that enough
people are interested. Maybe some  bookshare members
and/or nonmember volunteers who aren't on either list
would be interested.