[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book without blank lines at top/bottom of pages

  • From: "Christine Parsons" <christine-parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:43:53 -0600

Lori and all,

Yeah, about that comment. I know publishers and authors can submit their
books in digital files rather than scans, and I guess my tired brain (11:30
is really late for me) put together the fact that the book happened to be
submitted by the person who published it with the fact  that the text was
perfect (not a single scanno or extraneous character, and from what I could
tell, not even a tab or space out of place) and somehow came to the
conclusion that the book must be a publisher file rather than a scan. I
know, I know: That doesn't necessarily follow at all, especially since I
have learned over the past few weeks of being a validator that this level of
text perfection can be achieved by combining the power of a properly
configured scanner and a meticulous submitter.

Christine