[bksvol-discuss] Book without blank lines at top/bottom of pages

  • From: "Christine Parsons" <christine-parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:43:17 -0600

Hi all,

I'm currently validating a book that was provided by a publisher (so it is an
extremely easy validation), but there are no blank lines at the top or bottom
of the pages. I am fairly new here and don't yet understand completely how this
all works, but I thought that books are supposed to have these blank lines
because of something that the stripper does, so I tried inserting them at the
top and bottom of each page. However, each time I did this at the bottom of a
page, the blank line transferred to the top of the next page. I have tried
changing margins, but this makes no difference either. Are these blank lines
necessary at the top and bottom of each page, and if so, how can I successfully
insert them? This is a really interesting book, and since it came from a
publisher, the text is perfect; so I'd hate to accept it as is (without blank
lines) and have the stripper eliminate the first and last line on each page.
Thanks.

Christine