[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: The Book of Sunnybank

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:42:08 -0400

Hello everyone, a book for adults, for your proof reading pleasure.  Should be
a fairly easy read but an enjoyable one.  Old language spellings and grammar.
The short synopsis should say "Author of many stories about dogs" not "many
dogs,"  smile, I guess I should head off to bed right, smile.

Anyway, see below information about submission.

Title:   The Book of Sunnybank
Author(s):   Albert Payson Terhune
Publisher:   Harper & Brothers Publishers
Copyright Date:   1934
Copyrighted By:   Albert Payson Terhune
Brief Synopsis:   The author of many dogs about collies, describes his home, in
New Jersey called sunnybank and the people and animals who share it with
him.
Long Synopsis:   The author of Lad a Dog and other books and newspaper
articles, introduces the reader to Sunnybank his home in New Jersey. Chapters
cover
how the home was created, who lives at Sunnybank from the dogs, cats, horses,
and more unusual animals, to the people that have lived there from time to
time. He also talks about the local village, and of the countryside outside of
Sunnybank. The stories and memories are interspursed with humor and insight
into man and dog.
Comments:   Has been read through, please add page numbers to missing places,
page numbers are at the top of pages except for beginning of chapters. Contains
a lot of unusual spellings and grammar used in the 1930s. If you have any
questions please contact me at juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adult content:   No
Language:   English US
Book Quality:   EXCELLENT
Categories:   Nonfiction, Biographies and Memoirs, Animals
B4E Significant:   No
SFWA Challenged:   No
list end

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by
an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and
philosopher (1803-1882)