[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: James Herriot's Treasury for Children

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:03:41 -0400

This book was a major bear to scan, and I actually scanned it last summer
and then gave up on it, as it crashed the computer.  But upon rediscovering
it, I was able to finish it.

So enjoy for your validating pleasure.

James Herriot's Treasury for Children
by James Herriot

I used "Smudge's" copyright as that was the newest one, and it annoyed me I
couldn't find one for the full volume.  But I think that should do.

Blank pages are pictures, and boy there were a lot of them!

From the Book Jacket:

Since the publication of Moses the Kitten in 1984, our children have found a
delightful friend in James Herriot. His award-winning storybooks for young
readers?many adapted from tales in All Creatures Great and Small and
Herriot's other bestsellers?bring the farmyard world of Herriot's Yorkshire
to radiant life. Featuring a host of adorable animals and colorful
townsfolk, each of the stories is narrated by the country vet himself, with
all the warmth, caring, and good humor that have made James Herriot beloved
the world over.
Now, for the first time, all of the country vet's books for children have
been collected in one volume: James Herriot's Treasury for Children. Each
story is presented in its original, oversize, full- color format,
accompanied by the warm, evocative illustrations of Peter Barrett and Ruth
Brown. Together they comprise a wondrous Herriot menagerie, a family
treasure that will be passed, with joy and affection, from generation to
generation.

James Herriot's Treasury for Children
includes:
Moses the Kitten
Only One Woof
The Christmas Day Kitten
Bonny's Big Day
Blossom Comes Home
The Market Square Dog
Oscar, Cat-About-Town
Smudge, the Little Lost Lamb

James Herriot is the author of the bestselling series of memoirs that
includes All Creatures Great and Small, All Things Bright and Beautiful, All
Things Wise and Wonderful, and The Lord God Made Them All. His first new
volume in over a decade, Every Living Thing, will be published this fall by
St. Martin's Press.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council