[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book submitted: Enslaved: true Stories of Modern Day Slavery

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:16:39 -0400

Hi all,

Just a quick comment on this book. I was going to check it out, but somebody got there ahead of me. That's OK, no biggy, but I am interested in reading it, so I hope whomever downloaded it will let us know when it's up.

Funny, I've been rather drowning in slavery issues this whole spring. This is, in case you all didn't know, the hundred and fiftieth anniversary of The emancipation Proclamation. Our community chorus had an oratorio commissioned for us by Glenn McClure. We premiered it in May of this year. It is based on a poem which is carved into a monument to slavewry which is on the wall of one of the slavery forts in Cape Coast Africa.

In everlasting memory of the anguish of our ancestors,
May those who died, rest in peace,
May those who return find their roots,
May humanity never again perpetrate such injustice against humanity,
We the living vow to uphold this.

Do let me know when this book is up for reading.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring