[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Born to Trot

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:51:23 -0500

We are two books away from having all of Marguerite Henry's works on
Bookshare.  I have The White Stallion of Lapizza and Black Gold to edit, and
will be submitting them soon.

Born To Trot
By Marguerite Henry
under the .txt section of the website.  This book has page breaks.
all chapters are protected, though there is a "book" imbedded in the story,
with Chapters in fancy script.  And so of course the titles of that book
didn't come out.  Also there are pedigrees for Rosalind and Hambletonian in
the back I tried to clean them up as best I could.

Anyway enjoy.  Is a True story.

Here is what I wrote for the long synopsis, no book jacket available.

There was nothing more in the world to Gibson White than to be in a sulky
behind a trotter.  That two beat rhythm of the horses hooves, the cheers of
the crowd.  All of that comes crashing to an end when his father takes him
to see a doctor.  Gibson is skinny and sickly, and the doctor prescribes bed
rest and good meals for a year.  This is almost a death sentence for the
young athletic boy active in track, football, baseball and boxing next year.
But one spark keeps him going.  His father sells him "Rosalind" a beautiful
bay trotting filly.  With news of her progress in training as a
"encouragement" Gibson gets stronger and stronger.  Finally he is allowed
out of the hospital and back where he wants to be more than anything with
the horses.  Rosalind is a great filly and doing beautifully but can she win
the Hambletonian?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council