[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: After the Dancing Days

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:12:36 -0500 (EST)

hey you all here is another book submitted.  Needs a spell check.  Besides
that is all ready to go.

After the Dancing Days
Margaret I. Roscouski (SP)

From the Bookjacket:
Ages 11-14

So much had changed in one year One
year ago, I believed my mother knew everything and that I would never have
cause to disobey her. I knew my father could heal
anyone And I thought Uncle Paul had
died in glory.

Thirteen-year-old Annie waits at the train station for her father, a doctor.
It is 1919, the Great War is over, and the wounded are returning to a small
town near Kansas City from the battlefields of France. When her father
decides to continue his work at the veterans' hospital, Annie finds she is
drawn to the place for reasons she doesn't understand. There she meets
Andrew, a horribly burned young veteran who is bitterly withdrawn from all
around him. Acting against the express wishes of her strong-willed mother,
Annie continues to visit the hospital, helping Andrew come out of his shell.
Together they discover the devastating truth about Uncle Paul's death. Then
Annie must confront her mother's anger and the ironies of heroism.
AFTER THE DANCING DAYS is a timeless first novel about a young girl's first
steps into the complex world of adulthood.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.