[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book submited, and a question

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 07:29:40 -0500

Chris, as I understand the Bookshare policy, you can save in
whatever format you wish. Now your scan will have to be validated
so if you save in the Kurzweil format, only folks with Kurzweil
can actually validate your book. If, on the other hand, you save
your book in an RTF format, then anyone with any kind of reading
product or word processor can validate it. It will have to be
saved back into RTF in the end anyway, so I've begun saving my
scanned books to RTF simply so more folks can have a chance to
validate them, hence they theoretically get into the collection
quicker.