[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book styles

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:45:38 -0700

Hi Kim,

When proofreading, the style doesn't matter much, unless the proofreader can
see and wants to work with a comfortably readable font.  When books go
through Bookshare's daisy converter, they are converted to a very simple
font, much like Ariel, I'm told.  What is important to us as blind
proofreaders is to make sure that we preserve bolding and italics, and make
sure that titles are bolded and enlarged, and that a font is a uniform size
except for the titles I previously mentioned so that readers with print
disabilities who can see don't have to struggle to read the print because it
is constantly varying in size.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie