[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book styles

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:54:10 -0500

Hi Kim, Tahoma is another really easy to read font that isn't ornate and falls sort of in between arial and times new roman. Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to do some proofreading using it because it's like Georgia. You can see the distinctions between letters and numbers like l, 1 and I that are often hard to distinguish pretty easily visually. smile.

There are a zillion fonts out there, so it's hard to make a list of which are hard to read and which aren't. smile.

Judy s.

Kim Friedman wrote:
Hi, Judy, you certainly have an advantage over me because you can see what
these various fonts look like, if they're simple or ornate. I know that
Arial and Times New Roman are preferred by Bookshare and I have the
impression it's due to their clarity and simplicity. Does Tahoma have that
same reputation? Which sorts of fonts are really hard to read or deal with?
This is not because I wish to make things difficult, but rather if I wish to
write someone via email and wish to play around with fonts, I'll know which
to avoid and which to use. There are so many of them. Regards, Kim.