[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book chopping or other defacing

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:01:01 -0800

I also prefer to push the book down hard down on the scanner, but I have broken two scanners by pushing too hard. I repaired the last one myself with a couple small sdcrews even though it was still under waranty. I figured that was easier than having my wife take me to the repair center and leaving it for a week or so. Actually I was able to order a new top for a little over twenty bucks which will solve all my problems.

Bud
At 07:45 PM 2/27/2007, you wrote:
The only time I chopped a book it was a large paperback, and my husband used a knife if I remember correctly. I really prefer to push the binding down hard and would disassemble a book as a last resort.

Diane

----------
From: <mailto:jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>Jamie Yates

Date: 2/26/2007 12:31:28 PM

To: <mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Book chopping or other defacing

Carrie, I still can't bring myself to highlight or

write in a textbook. My classmates have no qualms

about it but man some of my books in the past have

cost a couple hundred dollars EACH. And some

bookstores are so picky you can't sell them back with

highlighting. Of course when I buy a used one in the

bookstore I look for ones with highlighting especially

if I am pretty sure it was used on that campus.

Chances are what was important for the previous user

by that professor is going to be important to me.

But I won't mark it up myself.

I loved seeing your ADF scanner in the video and how

fast that must be but I'm not sure I could chop a book

myself.  How DO you chop a book, anyway?

Jamie in Michigan

<mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=99000>
FREE Emoticons for your email  by IncrediMail! Click Her

Never Miss an Email
Stay connected with Yahoo! Mail on your mobile. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail>Get started!

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P