[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Meet CJ the GUide DOg Puppy

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:25:44 -0400

Hi everyone, and another short book up for grabs.

ISBN:
Title:   Meet CJ, The Guide DOg Puppy
Author(s):   Mary Ereth
Publisher:   Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc
Copyright Date:   1999
Copyrighted By:   Mary Ereth
Brief Synopsis:   CJ a yellow lab puppy talks about her life at the campus of
Southeastern Guide Dogs, and her future as a guide dog.
Long Synopsis:   CJ, the Guide Dog Puppy tells the story-in her own words-of a
guide dog puppy's first year of life. CJ's story begins at the Southeastern
Guide Dog kennels where she was 12 eeks, and follows her experiences in the
home of her loving puppy raisers. Although CJ enjoys the usual puppy life of
games and toys, she already knows her future will be very special. Her year
with puppy raisers provides her with many experiences that prepare her for
her formal training as a guide dog for a blind person. Young children will not
only learn about the training of a future guide dog, they will also be able
to internalize feelings CJ has about learning, working, and sharing her love
with the people in her life. Author Mary Ereth is a former first grade teacher,
who was selected as Teacher of the Year in the Akron Public Schools. "A
wonderfully appealing way for children to understand the world of the physically
challenged" -Frank Kavanaugh, Ph.D., Professor of Communications, Punta Gorda,
Florida "The puppies and dogs in training are truly God's gift to those
individuals with special needs." -Beth A. Campbell, Cleveland, Ohio "Before we
met CJ, we thought dogs were just good buddies, but now we understand that
CJ and other guide dogs are the "eyes "for someone. We are lucky to have met
CJ, the guide dog when she was just a puppy. It's really cool that Mary Ereth
wrote this book so that lots of kids can read about guide dogs and how
important they are to everyone." -Richard Freshwater, age 9, and Kent
Freshwater,
age 8, Englewood Elementary School, Englewood, Florida
Comments:   HHas been read through. Needs page numbers added they appear in the
book. Should be an easy proof. Contact me if you have questions, I do have
grayscale images of the pages. juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adult content:   No
Language:   English US
Book Quality:   EXCELLENT
Categories:   Children's Books, Nonfiction, Animals
list end

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.