[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Its Not the Dogs Its the People!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:30:51 -0500

Book for dog trainers, or people like me who aspire, or someone who wants a
good book on interrelational advice for working with people...

under the .rtf section of the website, needs spell checked, the rest has
been done, read through, all pages accounted for, and removed headers.

Its Not the Dogs Its the People!
By Nicole Wilde.

It's Not the Dogs, It's the People!"

...If you have ever uttered that phrase, this book is for you!

As a pet dog trainer, you have learned skills and mastered techniques that
enable you to train dogs successfully. The good news is, you can do the same
with your human clients! Discover powerful, practical techniques you can
apply immediately. Learn to handle difficult personality types, from
Argumentative Al to Bland Betty, from Look-at-Me Leah to Know-It-All Ned.
Become adept at managing situations like emotional blackmail, unrealistic
expectations, TWI (Training While Intoxicated), tardiness, haggling and
more.

Chapters Include:

Basic Human-Training Skills

 Family Dynamics

Working with Kids

 Training Hordes of Wild Humans

Dealing with Difficult Personality Types

Sticky Situations

Personal Safety

"Terrific! Insightful, witty, packed full of useful information and rooted
in compassion. Nicole's book will benefit novice as well as professional dog
trainers and as a result, clients and dogs alike. I can't recommend this
book highly enough! "

- Paul Owens, author of The Dog Whisperer: A Compassionate, Nonviolent
approach to Dog Training

"Written in a down-to-earth style with plenty of humor, Nicole shares
invaluable skills for communicating with dog owners. "It's Not the Dogs... "
immediately made its way to the 'must read' assignment at my instructors
courses. "

- Terry Ryan, Legacy Behavior & Training

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com