[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Emma's Story

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:30:04 -0400

Another novel submitted is part of the "Emma" series by Sheila hocken.

Emma's Story
By Sheila hocken.

Is a really easy validation.

From the Book Jacket:
SPRING DIGGING

It was lovely helping Paddy in the garden. Digging up weeds -I gave her a
helping paw there watching  her put things in. After lunch Paddy said she'd
put in everything she wanted to, and was now going to do some baking in the
kitchen, but as it was quite sunny I could stop out in the garden. I went
round again sniffing all the things she'd buried. Perhaps she'd left them
there and wanted to get them out later, like I did sometimes with bones? If
I did that for her now it would save her such a lot of time.

So I went round and dug them all up. It took me ages. There were about a
hundred. Won't she be pleased, I thought, when she knows I found every one
and brought them all back for her?
It wasn't long before she opened the door. 'Emma, come on in, it's teatime.
'

Then she spotted the bulbs. I sat there looking pleased with myself. But she
suddenly started laughing. 'Oh Emma... no. What have you done?'

'MY NAME IS EMMA
and I'm a chocolate-coloured labrador. Most other
labradors are black or yellow, but not only am I a very
special colour, I used to be a very special dog. I used to be
a guide dog - and that isn't something any dog can do.
So I'm going to tell you how to be a guide dog, rightfron
the beginning, from when I was a puppy.'

EMMA & I and EMMA V.I.P. have made Emma a very
famous guide dog indeed. Now Sheila Hocken tells the
full story of Emma's training from Emma's point of view
This really is Emma's story, a book as lovable and lively
as Emma herself.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council