[bksvol-discuss] Book Submitted: Dr. Seuss book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:11:24 -0500

Can you believe Dr. Seuss wrote over forty titles in his life time, and all
are considered classics of Children's literature.

Anyway here is one, someone gave me as a gift when i graduated from college.
Hope Bookshare enjoys it too.

Oh, The Places You Will Go!
By Dr. Seuss

I read it, and checked for errors, I can't garantee all the text is there
because I can't read the printed book... I do have the book so if someone
who can see it finds missing stuff I am glad to retry a rescan of pages.  It
sounds complete to me. 50 pages, under the .rtf section of the website.
From the Book Jacket:
Yes, here is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from
the one and only Dr. Seuss. In his inimitable, humorous verse and pictures
he addresses the Great Balancing Act (life itself, and the ups and downs it
presents) while encouraging us to find the success that lies within us.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
This joyous ode to personal fulfillment is one book that could not have been
written by a young upstart. It's Dr. Seuss at his best. Parents will find
Oh, the Places You'll Go! the perfect send-off for children starting out in
the maze of life, be they nursery school grads or medical school achievers.
Everyone will find it inspired good fun.

A Book-of-the-Month Club Selection

DR. SEUSS wrote and illustrated 44 world-famous books for children . . . and
their lucky parents. Here they are in the order of their publication:

And to Think That I Saw It on
Mulberry Street
The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins The King's Stilts Horton Hatches the Egg
McElligot's Pool
Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose Bartholomew and the Oobleck If I Ran the Zoo
Scrambled Eggs Super! Horton Hears a Who! On Beyond Zebra! If I Ran the
Circus How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
Happy Birthday to You! The Sneetches and Other Stories Dr. Seuss's Sleep
Book I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew The Cat in the Hat Songbook I
Can Lick 30 Tigers Today!
And Other Stories I Can Draw It Myself The Lorax
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? Hunches in Bunches The Butter Battle
Book You're Only Old Once! Oh, the Places You'll Go! Daisy-Head Mayzie

Beginner Books
The Cat in the Hat
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Green Eggs and Ham
Hop on Pop
Dr. Seuss's ABC
Fox in Socks
The Foot Book
Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please
Go Now!
The Shape of Me and Other Stuff There's a Wocket in My Pocket! Oh, the
Thinks You Can Think! The Cat's Quizzer I Can Read with My Eyes Shut! Oh Say
Can You Say?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council