[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Submission

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:34:11 -0800 (PST)

I just submitted:

  Therapeutic Communication: Principles and Effective Practice by
  Paul L. Watchel, Ellen F. Wachtel (Postscipt)

  This book emphasizes the discussion and use of psychotherapeutic,
psychodynamic techniques. Although this book emphasizes psychodynamic,
psychotherapeutic techniques and is, therefore, a practical book, this volume
also explores an integrative theory of psychological pathology and
psychological change. Even though the theory discussed is based on the
psycho-dynamic tradition, it also draws upon the discoveries and insights of
other psychotherapeutic orientations.  Throughout the book, the rationales for
the clinical interventions recommended are discussed in depth, and the reader
is given the reasons why one way of saying things is preferable to another.
Finally, even though, the writing is often technical, the writers do not use
much psychological jargon and this makes it easy to read and understand.

  I prevalidated everything in the book except for the Reference and Index
sections. Also, in Chapter 12, I rearranged some of the text and added the
phrase [THERAPIST COMMENT] when appropriate to facilitate the reader's
understanding. Thus, this should be an easy validation for anyone interested in
psychology.

Barbara