[bksvol-discuss] Book Request

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:51:32 -0400

hey if anyone has access to this book and can submit it to Bookshare, I
would appreciate it.  Not positive I can get it through Interlibrary loan
even.

The First Seeing Eye Dogs
by Burnham Holmes
1978
Young adult

Annotation:
Discusses some of the early efforts in training dogs to guide the blind in
Switzerland and later in the United States, focusing on the
relationship of Morris Frank and his dog Buddy who pioneered needed changes
for traveling blind people in this country.

But would come in handy as I am creating a Important Dates in Guide Dog
History timeline.  Thanks guys for the help.

Also if anyone can get their Mitts on

A Brief History of Dog Guides for the Blind
By Nelson Coon,

It would be awesome to see it up there too.  I have a Braille edition, and
can't get it through Interlibrary Loan.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe