[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book I'm going to scan next

  • From: Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare book discussion list <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:29:30 -0500

I love this Chris
We just went back to Eastern Standard Time Saturday we were on Eastern
Daylight Time Wii gain an hour at 2 o'clock this morning because we went
back to Eastern Standard Time.
Just a reminder hope everyone's doing well
On Nov 1, 2015 9:31 PM, "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another option is to send scans of just the pages with images via email to
a proofreader who will do the descriptions. You are allowed to send up to a
certain percent of a book at any one time to a proofreader who is helping
you. I've done quite a few image descriptions for scanners that way.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese
<https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 11/1/2015 7:04 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:

Kathryn;

You wouldn’t save the file any differently to include picture
descriptions, but you would need to send the book to the proofreader.
Bookshare is not equipped to handle large file sizes that include pictures
at this point.

I hope that makes sense!

Valerie

On Nov 1, 2015, at 6:52 PM, Katherine Petersen (Redacted sender
"katherine_petersen" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, well, idiot that I am, I didn’t realize I probably should have saved
the file differently. Now that the text is done, is there a way to scan and
save both text and pictures? I use Kurzweil if anyone has any thoughts. I
think this particular book can probably be fine without illustration
descriptions now that I’ve started reading it, but if I can get them done
and in the right format, it would add a nice touch.
--Katherine