[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book I'm going to scan next

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 20:29:56 -0600

Another option is to send scans of just the pages with images via email to a proofreader who will do the descriptions. You are allowed to send up to a certain percent of a book at any one time to a proofreader who is helping you. I've done quite a few image descriptions for scanners that way.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 11/1/2015 7:04 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:

Kathryn;

You wouldn’t save the file any differently to include picture descriptions, but you would need to send the book to the proofreader. Bookshare is not equipped to handle large file sizes that include pictures at this point.

I hope that makes sense!

Valerie

On Nov 1, 2015, at 6:52 PM, Katherine Petersen (Redacted sender "katherine_petersen" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Yes, well, idiot that I am, I didn’t realize I probably should have saved the file differently. Now that the text is done, is there a way to scan and save both text and pictures? I use Kurzweil if anyone has any thoughts. I think this particular book can probably be fine without illustration descriptions now that I’ve started reading it, but if I can get them done and in the right format, it would add a nice touch.
--Katherine