[bksvol-discuss] Book I'm going to scan next

  • From: "Katherine Petersen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "katherine_petersen" for DMARC)
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:18:18 -0800

Hi Everyone,

The next book I'm going to scan isn't long, but the synopsis mentions line
drawings, so I'm wondering if it might help to have someone who is pretty
good at descriptions to proof the book and possibly describe pictures. As
always, I can send you my copy. It may not even be necessary, but it might
add to it.

The book is called Woven of Water and is by Luisa Adams

Synopsis

True Tales Inspired by an Enchanted Lake This collection of short stories
and whimsical drawings in Woven of Water inspires the reader to discover
meaning

amid the loves and losses of growing up, growing old, and all the events in
between. By taking this book in hand, you will create time for a personal
retreat

with the exquisite beauty of nature as your host. The reward, the splendor
of grateful living, is priceless. I give my deep gratitude to everyone over

the last ten years who reminded me that it took courage, not perfection, to
offer the world a written expression of love. ____________________ "Woven of

Water is a gem. Luisa Adams coaxes ten penetrating insights from the
seemingly ordinary world of a small mountain lake. She transmits profound
meaning

from simple images with her eye for the sacred, her focus on sensual detail
and an extremely talented pen - this little book will be on your bed stand

for a long time." ~ Terry Pearce Founder/President of Leadership
Communications, author of Leading Out Loud ____________________ "Say, you
happen to drive

past Luisa's lake in the woods, would you recognize it as a place of
enchantment? The answer will depend on the visual acuity of your heart. The
adventure

you find may not be the adventure you seek; it wasn't for Luisa Adams in
Woven of Water. And yet - like a water lily rising from the muddy bottom of
the

lake - for you as for her, whatever life brings can blossom forth into the
splendor of grateful living." ~ Brother David Stiendl-Rast Benedictine monk,

author of Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer, lecturer, co-founder of
www.gratefulness.org ____________________ "Woven of Water immerses the
reader in a

mirrored landscape of inner and outer beauty. Luisa Adams' years of
retreating for a month of solitude at an enchanted lake have yielded a
sensitive collection

of compelling stories and deep reflective insights. Her commitment inspires
the reader to connect to nature, time, and daily life with fresh eyes and
refreshed

perspective on what truly matters." ~ Carolyn Foster Coach, Retreat Leader,
and author of The Family Patterns Workbook

--Katherine